Monday, September 14, 2009

Kicks I Get On.

Yes, I enjoy getting on "Kicks" of shows. This basically means I watch an episode every night after work. You see, my life is rather boring, I wake up, go to work, come home & watch something, then sleep. (then REPEAT). Now the one thing that brings me joy everyday is that portion on my day/night that I get to watch something.


CURRENTLY = THE OFFICE.






Now The Office is an EXCELLENT show, its funny, sweet, and awkward. All the things you need in a good show, minus all the drama and tears. Me and the boyfriend, who I will refer as D, watch this every night and have been for a few weeks now. Its very entertaining and makes for a good time.

We are currently back to season one since we watched 3 and 4 and since i have yet to buy season 5, we are going backwards, which is perfectly fine.



GREAT NEWS - The office is actually a USA depiction of a BBC (British) show of the same name. If you are at all curious of this, they will be playing the BBC Office starting SEPT. 18, 09 on ADULTSWIM. (I do recommend it, I own it and it is equally, if not funnier.)




KICKS FROM RECENT PAST are as follows..
(I'll go from most recent to older)


DOLLHOUSE



Once I found the splendor that is HULU.COM, I picked up this little pretty. It had everything I needed to get involved in a new series. Eliza Dushku, which i basically LOVE in anything she does AND Joss Whedon, Which again, LOVE everything he does. So right there I knew it would be a great way to spend my nights. I got D addicted and it's all history from there. I am currently awaiting the new season, SEPT. 25. Should be super exciting!


FIREFLY & SERENITY



HULU.COM was a real life saver during this escapade. They had the entire season of this excellent sci-fi master piece. If you don't know it's heroic story, well let me fill you in. Of course this was created by, my all-time fave, Joss Whedon, and when you get something by Joss, then you get some kind of crazy problems attached. This show was cancelled, sadly, and it was a HUGE loss for Joss and the cast. Luckily for all of us viewers and fans, Joss Whedon's fan base is SO INTENSE they rallied together to get a MOVIE made! YAY! So then came Serenity, basically a movie finishing up where they left off being able to give us all much needed closer.

This show (and the movie) were excellent. I was even iffy since i am not the biggest space-type-show person. (I'm semi afraid of the idea of space/universe. Don't laugh) But I knew in my heart, this is something made from the genius that is Joss so i had to give it a shot, and man am i glad.


(HULU.COM does still have season 1 up for viewing and i have not heard of them taking it down but i would not be shocked if they did so, YET AGAIN, go watch please!)



BUFFY & ANGEL



This was also around the time I stumbled upon HULU.COM. (Which if you hurry, you will still be able to catch season 1,2,&3 of Buffy before OCT. when they yank 2&3 off, GO RUN WATCH!) First I started with ANGEL, i needed something to watch while D was at his 3rd shift job, so why not a vampire GOD to help me with my loneliness! I remembered watching the show on television when it came out and I quickly was hooked all over again. Of course D caught me and wanted to watch too, so there we were watching this awesome show and HULU.COM only has season's 1 (and of course if you are wondering, HULU.COM will be RIPPING most of the season off in OCT. You will only be offered episodes 1-5, so YES GO HURRY WATCH!) So this began my feverish search for the DVDs. I found some of them (1&2) at the nearby Wal-mart (cheap too! 15 Bucks each!). Of course it couldn't possibly be THAT easy to get them all. So around that same time we had planned a vacation to Pigeon Forge TN and we got the bright idea to search at every off-the-highway Wal-mart until we found them all. For a happy ending, yes we found them! SO of course now I have my very own Angel collection that I am very proud of based on the tale on achieving them.



Buffy was started AFTER Angel, I know I know, how could I do that, WELL I DID so WAA! Of course i watched Buffy as well when it came on TV so it was a real treat to watch it all over again. Yes, I watched 1,2,&3 on HULU.COM and then D decided he would go in on this one and buy the collection, (the GF with ANGEL and the BF with BUFFY, awww) His trip was not as exciting (HA!) and he found most of all of them at the local Wal-mart's (Same great price!) and only had to order 1 online. Pure Greatness.

This was our first glimpse back into the world and work of Joss Whedon as adults and man was it glorious!


SUPERNATURAL


Man are those boys GOOOOOD LOOKIN! But on a more serious note, Great Show. If you want demons, Witches, Ghosts, & Goblins (well not so many goblins), this is the show for you! Its about a couple boys living out their father's dream, REVENGING THEIR MOTHERS DEATH, (sounds nice don't it..) plus a LOT more. Super entertaining and hilarious to boot. This cannot be found on HULU.COM, which it should be. D got the first couple season's on DVD and it was love. I just recently watched the 5th season premier episode, which was out-frickin-standing. CHECK IT OUT!




THOSE are the latest KICKS I have been on, before that it gets a little hazy so don't worry you will know, from this moment on, the KICKS THAT ARE TO COME. That is it for me for now, I shall return!


<3>




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Production Company